[PATCH] D58710: Added more detailed documentation for clangd
Ilya Biryukov via Phabricator via cfe-commits
cfe-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 27 03:48:39 PST 2019
ilya-biryukov added a reviewer: ioeric.
ilya-biryukov added a comment.
Still looking at it, a few quick notes.
Also added ioeric for an extra pair of eyes (it's a large change!).
Comment at: clang-tools-extra/docs/clangd/Installation.rst:360
+- Pass an experimental `-background-index` command line argument. With
+ this feature enabled, clangd incrementally builds an index of projects
I'd avoid mentioning it at all, we didn't vet it for the 8 release (and I believe we landed critical fixes **after** the release cut).
We could add it back during `9.0` release.
Comment at: clang-tools-extra/docs/clangd/index.rst:20
-- Passing experimental `-background-index` commandline argument, which will
- incrementally build an index of projects that you work on and make use of that
- in clangd automatically.
-- Generate an index file using `clangd-indexer
- Afterwards you can pass generated index file to clangd using
- `-index-file=/path/to/index_file`. *Note that clangd-indexer isn't included
- alongside clangd in the standard clang-tools package. You will likely have to
- build from source to use this option*
+clangd is an implementation of the `Language Server Protocol
+<https://github.com/Microsoft/language-server-protocol>`__ and can work with
The original "clangd is a **language server**" looked somewhat better.
Having a link to the LSP website is a good bet, though.
rG LLVM Github Monorepo
CHANGES SINCE LAST ACTION
More information about the cfe-commits