[Release-testers] [11.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 12.0.0

Hans Wennborg via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 15 05:09:43 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

The release branch for LLVM 11 was created from the trunk at
2e10b7a39b930ef8d9c4362509d8835b221fbc0a, and the trunk version was
bumped to 12.0.0.

Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR46725 Please mark
any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
blocking that bug.

Please keep me in the loop via email on any bugs, commits, or other
issues that might be relevant for the release. In particular, if
you're currently investigating issues with trunk and working on fixes,
please help me make sure that those fixes end up on the branch also.

To get a change committed to the branch, please commit it to trunk as
per usual, and then request it to be merged -- ideally by filing a
blocker of https://llvm.org/PR46725, or by cc'ing me on the commit
email.

(Please don't report issues or request merges over
IRC/Discord/Discourse; there's a large risk that I'll miss it. Please
use email.)

The first release candidate will be tagged soon (hopefully in a day or
two if the branch looks stable), and testing of that can begin. The
full release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
right at https://llvm.org

Thanks,
Hans