[Release-testers] Change test-release.sh to use git over svn.

Tobias Hieta via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 18 11:10:44 PDT 2019

Hello!

While creating the binaries for macOS in my former email I was using
the test-release.sh script to create these binaries.

I first tried to build directly from my checked out git repo - but the
instructions weren't great and I couldn't get it to work with
-no-checkout. I skipped that opinion and it used svn to checkout the
sources and that build then worked.

Are the rest of you testers still using the script this way? Since SVN
is going away soon this script probably should be updated to use Git
instead or even be retooled to work with the github mono repo instead.

Is anyone working on this or have some other input or plans for it?

Thanks,
Tobias