[Release-testers] [cfe-dev] [8.0.0 Release] Need help with PR40761: Sanitizers broken on FreeBSD

Kim Gräsman via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 24 02:36:08 PST 2019

Hi again,

It took me a while to get the environment up and running. Turns out
the sanitizer test suite is in pretty bad shape overall on FreeBSD.

The target reproducing the DEADLYSIGNAL loop is check-asan-dynamic.

I ran the bisect all the way from release/7.x to release/8.x --

* release/7.x - normal test run
* $somewhere - another hang bug where the lit invocation stops dead
immediately after warning about %shared_libasan:

    llvm-lit: /home/kimgr/code/llvm-project/compiler-rt/test/asan/lit.cfg:110:
warning: %shared_libasan substitution not set but dynamic ASan is
available.

* 342d03e71fbc302cf5a1683dcd03c366bf96d4bb (Reimplement Thread Static
Data ASan routines with TLS) - AddressSanitizer:DEADLYSIGNAL

The DEADLYSIGNAL behavior is in fact introduced by
https://reviews.llvm.org/D55596. But it looks like FreeBSD was broken
even before this. I'll see if I can bisect where $somewhere is.

- Kim