[Release-testers] LLVM 9.0.1-rc2 has been tagged

Michał Górny via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 12 13:31:04 PST 2019

On Mon, 2019-12-09 at 16:53 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le 09/12/2019 à 16:36, Tom Stellard a écrit :
> > On 12/09/2019 12:52 AM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Works great on Debian & Ubuntu.
> > >
> > > I was just a bit surprise to see the python path changes in a dot releases (site-packages=>dist-packages)
> > >

> > I'm guessing this was caused by  19c735edfb7e937894463d0b315896ad972e44da.
> > What exactly changed for you?
> The install paths changed. Instead of installing some python stuff in site-packages, it installed it in dist-packages.
>
> This wasn't a big deal to be clear!

Well, we did notice it in the original patch but I've forgotten about it
when backporting.  To be honest, I have mixed feelings about it but I
don't think there's a good way of fixing the original problem without
changing the path.

If this is not a big deal to Sylvestre, I'd like to keep it as-is.
To the best of my knowledge, the path change happens on Debian only,
and specifically because Debian patches Python for the reasons I don't
know.  In any case, the dist- path seems more correct for distribution
packages.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny