[Release-testers] [cfe-dev] LLVM 4.0.1 -rc2 has been tagged

Tanya Lattner via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 15 17:03:15 PDT 2017

> On Jun 12, 2017, at 4:50 PM, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:
>
> Well, the sftp used to be the place we'd upload things and then the
> release manager would put in the /opt/pre-releases dir.
>
> Now it seems the sftp is gone, and also I can't get to the server to
> upload things to the /opt/pre-releases dir, which I use for the
> Windows snapshots in addition to regular releases.
>
> I understand this is due to a server move? Is it possible to restore
> access for me and Tom to /opt/pre-releases and for the rest of the
> release testers to a staging area somewhere?

Sorry for the delay, but hopefully we can move forward now.

This is not really due to a server move. Its due to changes in policy at UIUC. They are essentially blocking all outside access to the server (SSH, SFTP, etc) for security reasons. We have known this is coming but unfortunately couldn’t move everything over fast enough. Our new move date is June 24th.

I am going to set you up where all the releases live. This is an AWS server. I already have the website config, DNS, etc.. you can view here:
http://prereleases.llvm.org

I will need your public key to give you access (and account name if you have a preference).

I have gone ahead and set Tom up as I already had his key.

My question to you all - Do you need all the previous prereleases? Or could I only copy over some of them?

Thanks,
Tanya