[Openmp-dev] [llvm-dev] Update on Bugzilla migration

Philip Reames via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 12 11:15:41 PST 2021

I've raised this point once before, but I think it's time to raise it again.

I believe we should drop the goal of keeping bug numbers in sync between
github and the legacy llvm bug database.  We do need a one-to-one
mapping, but the numbers can be distinct.  This requires a bit of extra
ugliness in terms of needing to add a comment to every bug (both copies)
with a link to the other, but this is a minimal badness, and stops
mattering fairly quickly after the transition

Continuing to hold back the transition of new bugs to github is causing
real immediate harm.  I strongly believe we are better off moving now
with an imperfect system than waiting any longer.

Philip