[Openmp-dev] Bugzilla / GitHub migration: username request

Anton Korobeynikov via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 25 13:48:56 PDT 2021

Dear All,

As you might know, LLVM Foundation is working on migrating the data
that is currently residing in Bugzilla at http://bugs.llvm.org into
LLVM GitHub project repository. The ultimate goal is to shut down the
Bugzilla instance and allow the use of GitHub issues and pull requests
across LLVM repositories. We hope that this will lower the bar for
newer contributors and allow much smoother user experience than we're
having now.

Unfortunately, this is not an easy task and several valid (legal)
concerns with respect to the procedure, process and content were
raised in the past. The LLVM Foundation together with lawyers is
working on resolving them and now it's time for the next step of this
migration: the username mapping. Bugzilla uses email addresses as
usernames and GitHub operates solely via github usernames. There is no
way to associate an email with github username in automatic way, so we
are asking you to fill in the survey above:

https://forms.gle/tNg86K6T7y2YfsBx9

I would appreciate if this from will be filled by April, 30

Q&A:

Q: How will this data be used?