[Openmp-dev] lone "omp target exit data" produces runtime error

Rokos, Georgios via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 3 14:22:29 PST 2021

Hi,

You’re right, CheckDeviceAndCtors should be called from __tgt_target_data_end_mapper as well, just like any other __tgt_* function. The reason it’s currently missing is that it was assumed (as you said) that an orphan “target exit data” directive would make no sense, in other words the device would have been initialized by some other __tgt_* function already. However, since the example you provided seems to be a valid OpenMP program, then we should add code to initialize the device even in __tgt_target_data_end_mapper.

George