[Openmp-dev] Build error

Jon Chesterfield via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 16 05:14:30 PDT 2021

> Hi,
> I am configuring a openmp runtime build this way:
>
>  cmake -G Ninja -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
>         -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PROJECT/kitayama1/dev/clang \
>         -DCLANG_OPENMP_NVPTX_DEFAULT_ARCH=sm_80 \
>         -DLIBOMPTARGET_NVPTX_COMPUTE_CAPABILITIES=80 \
>         -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang \
>         -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++ \
>         -DLLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES="openmp" \
>         $SCRATCH/kitayama1/projects/llvm-project/llvm

> ... however I see a build error:
>
> ... CCcore-9.3.0/bin/ld:
> undefined reference to `std::_Sp_make_shared_tag::_S_eq(std::type_info
> const&)

Cmake invocation looks fine. It appears the static llvm libraries linked
have been built with incompatible c++ flags to the other libraries found on
your system.

A few options come to mind. You could pass the flags to disable zlib et al,
search for what compiler flag (or maybe libc++ version) corresponds to that
symbol and pass the options to the llvm build, or look up how the other
libraries were built and change that.

Clang builds are probably tested against the libraries that ship with Linux
distributions. The paths in your error message suggest you're using some
other source for them. Maybe a HPC module system of some sort? Can't see
how to debug that from the outside. Maybe contact whoever set up the zlib
etc builds.

Jon