[Openmp-dev] [EXTERNAL] Opt-in new GPU device RTL

Huber, Joseph via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 2 14:57:51 PDT 2021

The new runtime is supported expected to be very buggy. It only works on a few applications we've tried, of those we've noticed a reasonable increase in performance. The goal of the new runtime is to simplify the code generated for the device to better target optimizations in the middle end. It's built by default under the 'libomptarget-new-*.bc' files and can be enabled with '-fopenmp-target-new-runtime'. You can try to use it, but there's no guarantee that it will work for your application.​