[Openmp-dev] undefined symbol: ompt_start_tool

Kelvin Li via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 26 13:18:45 PDT 2020

Has anyone encounter the following error?  I am wondering if it is
something to do with how I build libomp.so.

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/kli/clang-install/lib mpirun -np 1 ./a.out
a.out: symbol lookup error: /home/kli/clang-install/lib/libomp.so:
undefined symbol: ompt_start_tool
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status,
thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[14546,1],0]
  Exit code:    127

But it works without mpirun.

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/kli/clang-install/lib ./a.out
0
1
2
3