[Openmp-dev] Target CUDA RTL --> Error when copying data from device to host.

Ye Luo via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 29 13:56:20 PDT 2020

Because when the kernel is launched, the error doesn't ocurr immediately.
Then a D2H is enqueued and the error happens before it gets revealed.
Target CUDA RTL --> Error when copying data from device to host. Pointers:
host = 0x0000fffff1f6c460, device = 0x0000ffff84802800, size = 592
Target CUDA RTL --> CUDA error is: an illegal memory access was encountered
Your kernel has invaid memory access. (probably a bug)
Best,
Ye
Ye Luo, Ph.D.
Computational Science Division & Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory