[Openmp-dev] coding style

Jon Chesterfield via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 18 04:47:32 PDT 2020

>      *   Shilei asked what coding style should be used for openmp
> libraries.  Currently it is inconsistent an example is device_id
>      *   Suggestion is to use llvm style coding for new code as it would
> involve lot of work to retroactively fix all the code.
>      *   The rewrite of the device rtl should already be following llvm
> style.

I'd like us to run clang-format with the llvm config across all of
libomptarget. Failing that, at least over all of deviceRTL.

Any objections? Any time spent on whitespace in reviews is time badly spent.

There's also the current_naming_system vs int V difference. If anyone knows
a tool that will convert between the two reliably I'd like us to run that
too. We may have API stability conflicts there though.

Cheers