[Openmp-dev] Build is terribly slow on Arm

Michael Kruse via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 10 16:56:45 PDT 2020

Ok, you are using a non-assert/release build of clang, therefore
Jonas' remark does not apply.

Since your original question was how to investigate further, we have
to find out where the time is spent.

1. Run clang -ftime-trace:
https://aras-p.info/blog/2019/01/16/time-trace-timeline-flame-chart-profiler-for-Clang/

2. Create a performance trace, e.g. https://github.com/brendangregg/FlameGraph
Note that for this, a non-optimized build with debug symbols of clang
would be better, but Linux perf may still get useful information
without.

Michael