[Openmp-dev] CUDA 11 support

Johannes Doerfert via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 8 09:48:38 PDT 2020

Hi Itaru,

the OpenMP side is not really picky about CUDA versions (too much).

Clang support comes in two varieties, at least, and you should move this
discussion to cfe-dev if you want a more detailed answer.

Basic support is usually downwards compatible, you pipe only old CUDA
features in, it should work fine.

Proper support would include all the new CUDA features and semantic changes.

The warning Clang issues basically says that only the former support is
available.

So to answer the question what is needed to support CUDA version X,
implement all the new features that came with X.

If you want to know where we are with 10.1 or 11, please ask on cfe-dev :)

Cheers,

   Johannes