[Openmp-dev] OpenMP in LLVM Multi-company Telecom Meeting

Narayanaswamy, Ravi via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 14 15:20:37 PST 2020

Reminder no meeting tomorrow.

From: Openmp-dev <openmp-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org> On Behalf Of Narayanaswamy, Ravi via Openmp-dev
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 12:35 PM
To: openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Subject: [Openmp-dev] OpenMP in LLVM Multi-company Telecom Meeting Minutes Jan 8th

Next Meeting :  Jan 29th  (Note we are back to our regular 2 week schedule starting from jan 29th)

Opens:

   - Johannes in collaboration with Bookhaven has multistream offoad working which supports async offloading.  Will be presened in CGO.

   - George asked if globals marked with declare target can be deleted by users.  The answer was that it cannot and should be a no-op.  Currently Libomptarget deletes globals.

      George will submit a patch to address this.

   - David Truby started working on Openmp support in MLIR.  You can find the patch here https://reviews.llvm.org/D72400

Development Activity:

   -  Lingda refactored the code to support user-defined mapper functions.

       Now we have 2 patch, NFC patch and main patch.  The NFC patch is being reviewed.

Implementation of "declare variant":

   -  Johannes implemented begin/end variant type support.  Current implementation of begin/end has an issue.  It is done with alias and code generation which replace the original base function.

       Cannot override the base function,  need to keep both the base and variant function.  Use the overload resolution mechanism to support variants.

       Johannes started implementing  match clauses for everything in IR builder except SIMD.

       Need couple of clarification for match clause.  Plan to bring it up in the OpenMP Lang Committee F2F meeting next week.

OpenMP-IR-Builder status:

   -  Fady has implemented master and critical directives and the patch has been submitted for review https://reviews.llvm.org/D72304

         He will work on privatization next.

    - Johannes has implemented task prototype and is up for review

    - Johnathan wanted to know the status of plumbing between IR builder and NVPTX codegen.  Currently IR builder does not do any target stuff.

DeviceRTL redesign to support sharing code:

   -  Johnathan has implemented devicertl  support for amdgcn  and  is broadly functional.

        He is working on plugiin.

Offload testing  :

    -  Still need to address  where and how to setup the  machines.  Johannes will ping HAL

Fat Static Library  :

   -  No change in status of fat library.  Need to upload the rest of the patch.  George will follow up on this.

Roll Call :

Company

Attendees

8-Jan