[Openmp-dev] Building openmp using LLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES

Jon Chesterfield via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 14 03:53:22 PDT 2020

I believe the difference between cmake's LLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS and
LLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES is the latter uses the just-built clang to build the
library.

That would be great for building the deviceRTL libraries and potentially
good for testing builds of libomptarget while changing clang. Setting the
cmake flag isn't sufficient though:
-DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang" -DLLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES="openmp"

That doesn't print the usual output from configuring openmp and then
doesn't build it. I've been scattering 'message' through the CMakeLists
trying to guess why not and have exhausted my shallow knowledge of how our
build scripts work.

Can anyone hazard a guess at how to get this working?

Thanks!

Jon