[Openmp-dev] [cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Switching from Bugzilla to Github Issues [UPDATED]

Tom Stellard via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 30 09:48:31 PDT 2020

On 04/29/2020 01:19 PM, David Blaikie wrote:
> Generally sounds pretty good to me - only variation on the theme (& certainly imho dealer's choice at this point - if you/whoever ends up doing this doesn't like the sound of it, they shouldn't feel they have to do it this way) - maybe creating blank issues up to the current bugzilla PR number (& maybe some padding) in a single/quick-ish (no idea how quickly those can be created) window might help reduce the need for race conditions/shutting down bug reporting, etc

I think this is a really good suggestion.  It would take a lot of
pressure off the migration process.  The only potential downside is that
copying into blank issues might be slower than just moving the issues.
I have not tested this, so I don't know yet, but even if copying is slower
it doesn't really matter that much if there is nothing (e.g. re-enabling
repo access) that is waiting on the process to complete.

-Tom