[Openmp-dev] OMPT callbacks for target

Hervé Yviquel via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 22 07:22:36 PDT 2019

Hi all,

We are developing a tracing tool relying on OMPT callbacks which works quite good for tasks and parallel regions but not that for target regions:

0: Could not register callback 'ompt_callback_device_initialize'
0: Could not register callback 'ompt_callback_device_load'
0: Could not register callback 'ompt_callback_target'
After looking at libomp and libomptarget code, it seems all target-related data structures are implemented on the OMPT sides but not the callbacks on libomptarget side. We are considering implementing it then submitting a patch but I would like to know if someone in the openmp community is already looking at it? Indeed, we don't want to reimplement something that is already available but not yet upstream.

Thanks,
Hervé