[Openmp-dev] Mapped without a warning, but device code fails at run time

Alexey Bataev via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 5 19:20:47 PST 2019

Yes, this looks like as more correct solution though there might be some problems with deep copy mapping of inner pointers in the structure.

Best regards,
Alexey Bataev

5 нояб. 2019 г., в 21:16, Itaru Kitayama <itaru.kitayama at gmail.com> написал(а):

Alexey,

A change like this:

map(to: c[0:1]), here c is a pointer

made the program run on the device. We're inspired about this from page 32 of the presentation:
https://ukopenmpusers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/uk-openmp-users-2018-OpenMP45Tutorial_new.pdf

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 6:36 PM Alexey Bataev <a.bataev at hotmail.com<mailto:a.bataev at hotmail.com>> wrote:
I rather doubt there is a bug in the compiler. The code maps the pointer and then tries to call a member function using this pointer. It will work only with unified memory, I think. If the program does not rely on the unified memory, the program is not correct, since it doea not offload the data itself.

Best regards,
Alexey Bataev