[Openmp-dev] Port OpenMP RTL to RISC-V 64-bit Linux

Roger Ferrer Ibáñez via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 25 22:22:40 PST 2019

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your comment. When it comes to atomics, I did a cursory look on
the code and it seems to me that it is already using C++11 atomics mostly
everywhere. There are a few references to intrinsics as well. So I think
this part is OK already.

Kind regards,
Roger

Missatge de Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> del dia dl., 25 de febr.
2019 a les 16:01:

> Not to discourage you from doing this the standard way, but would it be
> possible to modify the OpenMP RTL so that it was HW/ISA agnostic using C11
> atomics (and GCC/Clang intrinsics as a backup)?
>
> A few years ago, I ported a parallel runtime to ARM/AArch64 by merely
> replacing non-portable assembly with C++11 atomics and letting the compiler
> do the rest. This was a better way to do it anyways because the purpose was
> to unbreak Debian packaging and Debian supports a lot more than just
> x86/aarch.
>
> I’m sure there is a lot of OS-specific code in the RTL can’t be made
> portable, but at least that code is O(1) in the number of ISAs out there.
>
> Jeff
>
> > On Feb 25, 2019, at 5:09 AM, Roger Ferrer Ibáñez via Openmp-dev <
> openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center we want to port the OpenMP RTL to
> RISC-V 64-bit Linux.
> >
> > Has anyone started this port already? I thought I'd ask to avoid doing
> twice the same work.
> >
> > If anyone is also interested in this port please to let us know.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > --
> > Roger Ferrer Ibáñez

Roger Ferrer Ibáñez