[Openmp-dev] Building OpenMP on Mac usiing Clang

Abid Malik via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 28 06:49:01 PST 2019

Hello,

I am trying to build OpenMP for LLVM on Mac. I was able to
successfully build Clang from the source. However, I am getting the
following error message during the OpenMP build: I used the my own Clang
(the one I build) for OpenML build

make
[  2%] Generating kmp_i18n_id.inc
[  5%] Generating kmp_i18n_default.inc
[  5%] Built target libomp-needed-headers
Scanning dependencies of target omp
[  8%] Building C object
runtime/src/CMakeFiles/omp.dir/thirdparty/ittnotify/ittnotify_static.c.o
[ 11%] Building CXX object runtime/src/CMakeFiles/omp.dir/kmp_alloc.cpp.o
In file included from
/Users/abidmalik/Programming/LLVM/openmp-8.0.0.src/runtime/src/kmp_alloc.cpp:14:
In file included from
/Users/abidmalik/Programming/LLVM/openmp-8.0.0.src/runtime/src/kmp.h:78:
/Users/abidmalik/Programming/LLVM/openmp-8.0.0.src/runtime/src/kmp_os.h:19:10:
fatal error: 'atomic' file not found
#include <atomic>
         ^~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [runtime/src/CMakeFiles/omp.dir/kmp_alloc.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [runtime/src/CMakeFiles/omp.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks,

--
Abid M. Malik
"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant,