[Openmp-dev] Target offloading from multiple threads

Jon Chesterfield via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 3 13:02:09 PST 2019

I don't think this works today. There's some state in omp_data.cu which
looks like it gets shared by any target offloading invocation, so I think
multiple host threads will invoke kernels that step on each other.

Further, I think this should work. It seems like a reasonable use case.

Shall we fix up deviceRTL (and the compiler side of reduction, possibly
elsewhere) to support multiple simultaneous invocations of the openmp
target runtime?

Thanks,

Jon