[Openmp-dev] clang 9.0.0 + libstdc++ problem

Gheorghe-Teod Bercea via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 2 07:37:53 PST 2019

Hi Gabriele,

Did you set the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES env var?
If not you should set it to: CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=0,1,2,3

Which CUDA version are you using? Any mismatch between the version used to
build Clang and the version used to compile/run the program will lead to
such errors.

Are you compiling and running your program on the same machine where you
built Clang?

When building Clang I see you have:

-DCLANG_OPENMP_NVPTX_DEFAULT_ARCH=sm_60

you should change that to:

-DCLANG_OPENMP_NVPTX_DEFAULT_ARCH=sm_70

for the V100 GPUs.

In addition you should also use this flag to build Clang:

-DLIBOMPTARGET_NVPTX_COMPUTE_CAPABILITIES=70

Here you can specify several compute capabilities.

Thanks a lot,

--Doru