[Openmp-dev] OpenMP 4.5 GPU benchmarks

Jeff Hammond via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 19 11:31:48 PDT 2018

https://github.com/ParRes/Kernels/ has reference implementations of a few
HPC oriented kernels but you will need to optimize them to use as
benchmarks.  They are in that you can compare OpenMP to other models
fairly, assuming you put in the same optimization effort for all.

I haven't checked if RAJA at OpenMPtarget works on GPUs but if it does, you
can try RAJA benchmarks like RAJAperf and Kripke.

I have a version of NWChem CCSD(T) that can use OpenMP 4.5 target (we have
KNC LEO in the past but this is new and different code targeting pure
OpenMP 4.5).  It comes with a standalone driver since building NWChem is
not easy for some people.

Jeff

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 9:31 AM Barua, Prithayan via Openmp-dev <
openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a static analysis tool using LLVM for debugging usage of
> OpenMP 4.5 target pragma.
>

> Can anyone point me to some GPU benchmarks that use the target offload
> feature. (Other than SPEC)
>

> -----
>
> Prithayan Barua
>
> PhD Student with Prof. Vivek Sarkar