[Openmp-dev] Question about gcc support related to file kmp_gsupport.cpp

Tianyi Zhang via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 16 14:26:43 PDT 2018

Hi,
Could anyone familiar with the gcc support for llvm-openmp help with this:

When I build everything with gcc, and using debug mode, the
debugger refuses to stop at

#pragma omp parallel

#pragma omp for schedule(static)

 It seems that for schedule(static) is not mapped to GCC.

Or is there any marco that are introduced inside function

KMP_EXPAND_NAME(KMP_API_NAME_GOMP_PARALLEL)

As It is only calling this function when I was running the program.

however, if I use

#pragma omp parallel

#pragma omp for schedule(dynamic)

it is calling

void KMP_EXPAND_NAME(KMP_API_NAME_GOMP_PARALLEL_LOOP_DYNAMIC)

Thanks,
Tianyi