[Openmp-dev] [7.0.0 Release] Schedule proposal

Jonas Hahnfeld via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 12 09:15:12 PDT 2018

On 2018-06-12 14:51, Siegmar Gross via Openmp-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Proposal:
>>
>> - 1 August 2018: Branch; RC1 soon after
>> - 22 August 2018: RC2; all lose ends should be tied up by now
>> - 5 September; final tag, release a few days later (don't slip past
>> first half of September)
>
> Does somebody know if the nvptx runtime library will be available
> in version 7.0.0 so that I can offload programs to my Nvidia device?

The release will contain everything that's in trunk when the branch is
created (unless there are some serious problems). So yes, the runtime
library for Nvidia device has been committed to the openmp repository
and will (probably) be included in 7.0. Be aware though that there are
some features missing in both Clang and the runtime libraries, for
example reductions don't work at the moment IIRC.

Regards,
Jonas