[Openmp-dev] [OpenMP-dev] OMPT tests failing on OSX

Joachim Protze via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 3 11:25:27 PDT 2018

Hi Jeff,

Just to make sure. Was your suggestion to completely remove the option, or
just drop it on osx?

At least on Ubuntu systems I made the experience that this option is needed
to overwrite the default linker behavior which will not load the tool,
because the application does not call any of the functions provided by this
library.

In our case the OpenMP runtime will use dlsym to find the ompt_start_tool
function.

Is there a better way to portably tell the linker to link this library
anyways?

Best
Joachim

Jeff Hammond via Openmp-dev <openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org> schrieb am Di., 3.