[Openmp-dev] [8.0.0 Release] Release schedule

Hans Wennborg via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 3 05:04:55 PST 2018

Hello everyone,

I know 7.0.1 isn't out the door yet, and 8.0.0 isn't due for a while,
so relax :-) But I would like to get the schedule decided before folks
disappear over the holidays.

According to the usual schedule, the branch would be created two weeks
into January, with the goal of shipping early March, so this is my
proposal:

- 16 January 2019: Create the 8.0.0 branch, RC1 tagged soon after.

- 6 February, RC2 tag.

- 27 February, Final tag, release shipping a few days after.

What do you think, especially release testers?

For the 6.0.0 release, the branch was created earlier in January after
a request from the community. This time I haven't heard anything, but
please let me know if a different schedule would be better for you.

Ideally I'd like to finalize and post the schedule by the end of the week.

Thanks,
Hans