[Openmp-dev] GPU Accelerator Offloading Benchmarks

Jeff Hammond via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 10 07:37:12 PDT 2017

https://github.com/ParRes/Kernels/tree/master/Cxx11 implements at least two kernels in OpenCL, GPU-oriented OpenMP4 (#pragma omp teams distribute parallel for simd collapse(2) schedule(static,1) as recommended by NVIDIA), RAJA, Kokkos, and numerous CPU implementations.

You’ll need to (1) tune the OpenCL code for your GPU as it is currently not optimized for any architecture and (2) tweak the RAJA and KOKKOS implementations to target GPU models in addition to CPU ones. Neither should be very difficult and the PRK team is happy to provide assistance.

That project contains one C++ CUDA and two Fortran OpenACC implementations but these are unfinished and need work. However, I’m very happy to see others contribute better versions.  It may not be the easiest route to fame and fortune, but it’s not the worst either 😂

Write me privately or create GitHub issues if you have questions. I am currently on leave from my day job but will be responsive via GMail and GitHub.

Sorry if this is a repost. I intended to reply early but didn’t and can’t find it if I did, but mistakes have been known to occur.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone