[Openmp-dev] Enabling OMPT by default

Jonas Hahnfeld via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 20 03:41:43 PST 2017

Sure, but IMO it would be better to have them run on each commit in
LLVM. This also saves you the effort of finding out which changes broke
functionality with your compiler ;-) in addition, it makes contributors
more comfortable because they know their change gets automatic testing
so they can fix problems right away or revert the change until finding
out what's happening.
And I agree that anyone *could* setup the bot but I believe it's in
Intel's interest and you certainly have hardware that could be used for
that. I don't see why the community should pay for something that is
easy to do for a larger company whose employees also work on the
software.

Jonas