[Openmp-dev] LLVM 3.9 openmp build failure on linux -- cannot find atomic

Riyaz Puthiyapurayil via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 12 08:00:15 PDT 2016

Thank you for confirming the issue. I did work around it. Btw, I had to set LIBOMP_CFLAGS and not LIBOMP_CXXFLAGS.

On Sep 11, 2016, at 11:03 PM, Hahnfeld, Jonas <Hahnfeld at itc.rwth-aachen.de<mailto:Hahnfeld at itc.rwth-aachen.de>> wrote:

Hi,

-stdlib=libc++ is needed if you wish to use libc++ on a Linux system that would otherwise require a recent version of libstdc++ from GCC.
The flag is currently passed in by the LLVM root build system but probably does not work because the .c files are compiled as C++.
Intel’s plan was to clean that up by the end of September which should fix the problem.

In the meantime, could you try to specify LIBOMP_CXXFLAGS which should inject the parameters to the right places?
Note: The runtime does not really use or link against libc++ nor libstdc++ but clang requires the flag to actually find the atomic header…

Cheers,
Jonas