[Openmp-dev] Dependency length in taskdeps

Cownie, James H via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 8 06:23:01 PST 2016

Victor,

What you are missing is that the way that task dependencies are defined in OpenMP means that the only thing that matters is the base address. Therefore there is no need to consider the length at runtime. (In effect the address is just a unique identifier which is easy to create, it has no real semantic content beyond that).

-- Jim

James Cownie <james.h.cownie at intel.com>
SSG/DPD/TCAR (Technical Computing, Analyzers and Runtimes)