[Openmp-dev] [cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

Carlo Bertolli via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 10 11:12:53 PDT 2016

Hi

A comment on the naming, while re-reading this thread: it **may** be that
"acceleration" is a better adjective for the project you have in mind,
rather than "offloading" (not applicable to AVX and homogeneous clusters of
Intel Xeon Phi) or "parallel" (everything is parallel at this point).

I actually think that acceleration is too generic as a term, and misleading
in some cases, but it may fit your needs here.

Thanks

-- Carlo