[Openmp-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

Cownie, James H via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 14 10:10:30 PDT 2016

> I'd support some of Jame's comments if liboffload wasn't glued to OMP as it is now.

I certainly have no objection to moving liboffload elsewhere if that makes it more useful to people.
There is no real "glue" holding it there; it simply ended up in the OpenMP directory structure because that
was an easy place to put it, not because that's the optimal place for it.

To some extent it has stayed there because no-one has put in any effort to do the work to move it.

-- Jim

James Cownie <james.h.cownie at intel.com>
SSG/DPD/TCAR (Technical Computing, Analyzers and Runtimes)