[Openmp-dev] Initial implementation of OpenMP offloading library - libomptarget

C Bergström via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 29 15:39:24 PST 2015

The discussion for libomptarget needs to happen on *THIS* list please.
-commits should only be for non-controversial stuff, right?
---------
I'd really like to see any offloading library get greater visibility
and possibly be useful for multiple projects. Having it stuffed away
in OMP only just doesn't make sense, considering other projects like
CUDA or ________ may be working on similar.

>From my hands on experience - there are 3 layers in the library and
having them properly abstracted will reduce the amount of duplicated
work which multiple programming models need to do and redo.

Programming model specific layer
Common Compute Layer which almost everything boils down to
Hardware or target specific