[Openmp-dev] libiomp5 renaming

Jack Howarth howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:50:12 PDT 2015

     Is there a plan yet on how the renaming of the shared library of
libiomp5 to libomp will be rolled out? I assume we want the patches to
implement that change for both the openmp and cfe trees to go in
simultaneously. Also, if we are planning to try to support providing a
legacy symlink as libiomp5 for keeping legacy executables built
against the previous library name running, we will need to keep the
compatibility version of the shared library at 5.0 on darwin....

% otool -L /sw/opt/llvm-3.7/lib/libiomp5.dylib
/sw/opt/llvm-3.7/lib/libiomp5.dylib:
/sw/opt/llvm-3.7/lib/libiomp5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0,
current version 5.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1213.0.0)

Otherwise, if you reduce the compatibility version on darwin, dyld
will consider the libomp.dylib as having an earlier ABI and refuse to
load it for executables previously linked against libiomp5.dylib.
           Jack