[Openmp-dev] Large Refactor of CMake build system [FIXED]

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Jul 22 17:43:09 PDT 2015

<big fat snip>
Attached are 2 potential patches which resolve the issue we're hitting
(I let someone else decide which one or modify as needed)

build directory for test project, but cmake does not rebuild the
project. The root cause is that on some filesystems (ext3, reiserfs)
timestamp resoultion is 1 second. So cmake does not rebuild test
project if check takes less than 1 second.

Comments: These checks are somewhat stupid and it would be nice to be
able to disable them. I don't know of any other llvm project
essentially doing this
write small CMake file just for testing; run cmake; test; etc

Solution:
The work-around is to build test projects in different subdirs.

One patch uses variable name instead of flag name for subdirectory
names, to avoid use of special symbols in directory name (-- , /).

Please decide and push ASAP.