[Openmp-dev] _OPENMP undefined unless compiling with -fopenmp=libiomp5

Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael m.schlottke-lakemper at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jul 18 22:57:35 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Right now we have to provide not just “-fopenmp” but “-fopenmp=libiomp5” if we want full support for OpenMP when compiling on Linux (without the explicit library, _OPENMP is undefined and there is only a single thread). Are there plans to drop this requirement and support plain “-fopenmp”? I’m asking since it would make things much easier for our users when transitioning from gcc to clang.

Thanks a lot!

Michael

--
Michael Schlottke-Lakemper

SimLab Highly Scalable Fluids & Solids Engineering
Jülich Aachen Research Alliance (JARA-HPC)
RWTH Aachen University
Wüllnerstraße 5a
52062 Aachen
Germany