[Openmp-dev] More cmake breakage

C Bergström via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 31 09:59:20 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Peyton, Jonathan L
<jonathan.l.peyton at intel.com> wrote:
>> Are you doing something in your cmake that would cause these to be ignored if manually set? If so please don't.
>>
>>  CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER
>>  arch
> These variables are ignored because they aren't used anywhere in any *.cmake nor CMakeLists.txt file.  (I have the C compiler assembling z_Linux_asm.s and arch was changed to LIBOMP_ARCH months ago?)

Ok I looked on our side and I see we were setting arch and LIBOMP_ARCH
both. (I remember this breakage as well)

Side note: You should absolutely not be setting the "C" compiler as
the assembler. I realize that most compilers will magically just do
the right thing (tm) for .s files, but I'm still not for it.