[Openmp-dev] Performance slowdown

John Mellor-Crummey via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 18 12:17:58 PDT 2015

My guess is that you are blocking rather than spinning. Using OMP_WAIT_POLICY=active doesn't seem to be enough with Intel's runtime to turn off all blocking. As I recall, there is a KMP_xxx flag that applies as well. You can grep the barrier code in the runtime or hope that someone from intel responds to your inquiry.

--
John Mellor-Crummey

(sent from my phone)