[Openmp-dev] Initial Intel Cmake Build System Patch

Peyton, Jonathan L jonathan.l.peyton at intel.com
Mon Jun 30 08:49:27 PDT 2014

Hello C. Bergström,

Here is an initial look at the revised cmake system.  I'm still trying to get some Windows parts settled down and more "CMakey".
The differences from the last one:
1) Does not record a configure timestamp so only cmake v2.8.0 and up is required
2) Uses add_library() command for creating library
3) All compiler specific flags are in cmake/${CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID}Flags.cmake
     If a particular compiler does not have a corresponding compile flags file, then a warning is issued during configuration that only common flags are going to be used (cmake/CommonFlags.cmake)
4) I moved the micro-tests to a separate file (cmake/MicroTests.cmake) remember these can be turned off via -Dtests=off when calling cmake.
5) Windows builds require MASM compiler so specify -DCMAKE_ASM_MASM_COMPILER=... for this assembler rather than -DCMAKE_ASM_COMPILER=...

[ within the top level directory that contains: runtime/ , offload/ , testsuite/ , www/ ]
To remove the old patch, type:
patch -p0 -RE < initial_intel_cmake.patch

[ within the top level directory that contains: runtime/ , offload/ , testsuite/ , www/ ]
To add new patch, type:
patch -p0 < second_intel_cmake.patch

Johnny