[Openmp-dev] Steps to create a OpenMP enabled compiler?

Jack Howarth howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:48:31 PDT 2014

Bargava,
     The llvm34 packaging in the fink packaging project (
http://www.finkproject.org) is based on the llvm.org 3.4.2 release with the
changes from the clang-omp git applied. If you have fink installed on your
Mavericks machine, you can install these with…

fink install clang34

which will give you a set of clang-3.4/clang++-3.4 compilers that default
to linking libiomp5 from /sw/opt/llvm-3.4/lib for -fopenmp.
     Note that the clang-omp git is still based on clang 3.4 and it will be
impossible to cleanly merge those changes into either the upcoming clang
3.5 or 3.6 releases from llvm.org. Currently, the llvm.org clang 3.5/3.6svn
compilers only contain the parsing/sema changes for the openmp support but
not yet the changes to implement the openmp code generation. Thus, they
perform very poorly in the OpenMP3.1_Validation test suite compared to
clang-omp based compilers in the llvm34-3.4.2-1 package from…

http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/fink/dists/10.7/stable/main/finkinfo/languages/llvm34.info?view=markup

           Jack