[llvm-foundation] Status of re-license?

Florian Weimer via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 6 00:29:11 PDT 2020

* Hal Finkel via llvm-foundation:

> The process is still in progress. The online documentation is accurate.

Does this mean that the releases since LLVM 9.0 misrepresent the
license of the source code, and all those SPDX tags are wrong?

<https://releases.llvm.org/9.0.0/LICENSE.TXT> says this:

| The LLVM Project is under the Apache License v2.0 with LLVM Exceptions:

Unlike <https://llvm.org/LICENSE.txt>, it also mentions the “Legacy
LLVM License”.  But I think a reasonable interpretation is that this
license only applies to the files that do not reference the Apache
Software License Version 2.0, and instead point to the LLVM License.