[llvm-foundation] [cfe-dev] Holiday update on LLVM's Relicensing effort

Chandler Carruth via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 20 18:43:17 PST 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 5:49 PM C Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>
wrote:

> Is there an elephant in the room? You missed what I'd think is the most
> important number. How much of the code is or isn't covered? Congrats on
> almost/maybe/sorta getting all recent work covered, but what about all the
> work past that?

Not at all being skipped.

The milestone we're targetting is putting the new policy and license in
place for *new* contributions so we stop accumulating things we need this
for.

Once we get the new policy and license in place for new code, we'll
definitely switch to *exactly* the metrics you describe and begin working
to push that number down.