[llvm-foundation] Minimum Requirement Infrastructure

Renato Golin via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 18 10:03:57 PDT 2016

On 18 October 2016 at 16:04, Simon Whittaker
<simon.f.whittaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> At PlayStation we already have some remote engineers using Ubuntu on EC2 as
> their main build environment.  At the level you've suggested (one build per
> day) the minimum requirements testing is probably something I can fit in to
> our existing cloud usage (thus minimizing any cost to the foundation), I'm
> happy to investigate that possibility in parallel with any conversation you
> have on llvm-dev.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the offer, I think it would be brilliant if we had this
publicly with emails like buildbots / green dragon.

It should be reasonably simple to setup a Clang 3.x (1? 4? we need to
make sure what works here) and GCC 4.8 with the appropriate glibc at
the time (a vanilla Ubuntu Trusty would do just fine).

> This was on my list to explore too but I expect this will be harder to
> configure, I'm happy to look into this too and report back.

I assume this is easier to do for the companies that do have MSVC
licenses, which is normally an internal process. Given the nature of
Windows environments, and the number of existing companies validating
MSVC, I think it should be fine to keep it aside.

I know even less about OSX than I do about Windows, so I'm hoping
Apple can chime in on how to best validate on their environments. But
this may be a question for llvm-dev.

cheers,
--renato