[llvm-foundation] Minimum Requirement Infrastructure

Renato Golin via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 18 07:27:53 PDT 2016

On 18 October 2016 at 15:20, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:
>> Do we track sub-projects like LLD, LLDB, Compiler-RT and libc++
>> separately? We must track them, too.
>
> Regarding this last question, I think we should discuss this on llvm-dev. Perhaps a separate thread would be appropriate. How we specify our minimum requirements across the various LLVM projects is something we need to discuss with a wide audience, and is a technical matter. We definitely don't do a good job now, either with the specification or the testing, in this regard.

I agree. Though, that question depends on how the foundation will
help. Thus, why I started here.

The technical side of it is really minimal. If we get enough hardware,
then tracking largely means "we're building all relevant sub-projects
in these environments already". If not, than this will need help from
the community and can be complicated.

The main question for llvm-dev is "What do we consider 'relevant'?"
(which also can change, depending on hardware investments).

cheers,
--renato