[llvm-foundation] LLVM Infrastructure

Chris Lattner via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 19 16:59:42 PDT 2016

On May 18, 2016, at 7:26 AM, Renato Golin via llvm-foundation <llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I wanted to understand what's the foundation plans on infrastructure.

Hi Renato,

I’m confused by this mail.  On the one hand, you claim to be asking about the foundation’s plans (which seems perfectly on topic for this list), but OTOH you are spending a lot of words talking about what you think the plan should be (something that would be more appropriate for a dev list).  For example:

>  A. Code repositories
>
> The SVN server is reasonably unstable, having outages that affect all buildbots.

I think that we as a community should strongly consider moving LLVM’s hosting to github.  That would surely be a controversial topic, but could bring a lot of advantages to the project.  This is something that can *only* be discussed on llvmdev though, discussing it here would exclude tons of people who really should be involved.

-Chris