[llvm-foundation] LLVM Infrastructure

Renato Golin via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 18 14:53:04 PDT 2016

On 18 May 2016 at 22:38, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
> Just my 2 cents: the recent outage of the repositories was caused by
> DDoS targeted towards viewvc. There were no outages at the time
> (almost 2 months) when viewvc was disabled.

There was certainly an outage somewhere between SVN and Buildbots a
few weeks ago, as I commented with Diana about it and she's just
joined Linaro last month.

Though, the buildbot logs are all gone now, and I can't show it to
you. Which also reminds me that we could have some cloud MRTG service.

> Recently viewvc was reenabled with bunch of tweaks and also we're having some whole /16
> networks banned to stop DDoS.

Do we have any idea why are these DDoSs targeting our SVN web
interface and nothing else? Didn't we have a similar problem with
Baidu's extremely impolite crawler?

Btw, viewvnc seems pretty stable now, thanks!

cheers,
--renato